Monday, December 28, 2009

The Blog In My Instructional Toolbox

THE BLOG IN MY INSTRUCTIONAL TOOLBOX
The blog for my ninth and tenth grade English classes will be a connective board for discussing posted questions about specific thematic units. Enabling students to interact with each other about content, the blog will enhance the lesson because each individual student will get an opportunity to express himself without time restraints that are so often imposed by the length of class periods. It will also give reluctant students ample opportunity to think out their feedback before making them public. These same advantages will be applied to the many feedbacks to the various responses. Although my initial purpose for the blog is to be a discussion board, it will also serve as a way of showcasing the students abilities to use critical thinking skills. Not only will critical thinking skills be showcased but also the students abilities to correctly use standard English with all of its conventions and structures. Because this classroom blog will allow my students to connect with all of their classmates in constructive thinking and expression, because it will allow my students to possibly connect with an audience outside of the classroom, and because it gives my students an opportunity to use technology as a form of communication, using the blog would be a great addition to my teacher tool box for instructional context. Using the blog will give my students that much needed authentic audience that will increase their interest and excitement about the classes and will give them the necessary interactive exposure that entices them to reach their academic optimum. These outcomes for using the blog summarize my rationale for making use of the blog in my ninth and tenth grade English classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment